Toddlers love to create. Art is not just a wonderful avenue for early self-expression, imagination, and creativity but it is a vital activity for their development.
Art is a great sensory play activity. It allows them to learn about the world in a different way, it allows them to explore creativity and freedom.
Art at this age (zero to three) is more about learning how to use the materials and about process art. For this, I have collected a few of my favorite materials that everyone should have at hand to create magical art experiences.
You might think that 1-year-olds can’t engage in art and that it might be messy or dangerous if ingested. But, allowing even our littlest learners the opportunity to engage in art. It can be wonderful for early learning and development.
Art Supplies for one Year Old
- Paint for kids
- Finger paint
- Heavy cardstock or mixed media paper
- Construction Paper
- Non-toxic Playdough. You can make your own with this softest play dough recipe or you can get this non-toxic play dough set
- Large crayons (egg crayons or large rectangular crayons)
- Dot a Dot markers
- Washable Markers
- Scented Markers
- Large plastic bin- large enough that your child can fit into, like a little pool. – I have this bin from Ikea. It helps to do messy activities inside and limit them mess area.
- Waterproof painting apron for toddlers
- toddler safe crayons or these that look like an egg are the one si have
This post contains affiliate links. That means if you buy using my link I get a percentage of the sale. I only share what I really like and think you will find value